WeLcOMe

Wednesday 3 July 2013

HARDWARE (Introduction About Computer)

                    This is my first topic in computer and internet. A had learnt about hardware and it was interesting topic for me because I like to learnt about hardware which is component of computer. Firstly my lecturer taught about introduction about computer. Computer is quite popular nowadays and most people are known what is computer. Almost people are used it.  
           Actually our class started on second week of this trimester because have some problem, so we didn’t have class for the whole week. It was very interesting to started my first class with my lecturer, Mr. Azamuddin Abdul Rahman or well-known as Mr.Azam. Therefore, my friends and I began it with getting to know each other and introduced ourselves accordingly. Most of us have learnt the Information technology (IT) and Information Literacy (IL) in the previous trimester. So that, we can easily follow this course and ready to get a lot of knowledge regarding computer and internet field.
          Studying in new course is something differently what I felt during my first-class with new lecturer as well as new classmates. However, it was a great time for me that I could learn something really useful in my life from my lecturer. He gave us a huge of knowledge that he has regarding Computer and Internet field. Furthermore, I learnt what I had learnt in IT class before, so that it was just a re-frees for me to know more about computers.



           As the above picture shows that Computer is a programmable machine that carries out what it has been instructed. We recognize a Computer by looking at physical features as well as behaviours. In a Computer, there are some operation systems that always it does, such as Input, Processing, Output, Storage, and the other is Communication, and this operation is called as Information Processing Cycle. In Addition about Computer Operation, here are some definitions of Information Processing Cycle:
    Ø  A computer converts DATA (from Input) to become INFORMATION ( as Output).
    Ø  Processing requires a set of instruction, known as PROGRAM or SOFTWARE.
    Ø  A computer holds data, instructions and information in storage for future use.


       In second week, we also learnt about the same topic. In this week I have learned computer hardware basics.Learning something new in Computer and Internet is very memorable for me who like using and interacting with computer. I want to share with you about what I have been learning in Computer and Internet lecture, especially in week 2.

      First of all, I want to share some information regarding the history of computers. Even though, knowing computer history is not really important for us, but a history has created an invention. Many insventors contributed to the history of computer and that a computer is complex piece of mechinenery made up of many parts, each of which can be considered a separete invention. Nevertheless, there are five generations of computer as we can see now below:-

    Ø  First Generation (1940-1950) :: Vacuum Tube
    Ø  Second Generation (1950-1964) :: Transistors
    Ø  Third Generation Computers (1960s – 1971s) Integrated Circuit (IC)
    Ø  Fourth Generation Computers (1971s – Present) VLSI / ULSI
    Ø  Fifth Generation Computers (Now and Future)

No comments:

Post a Comment